Acne photofacial treatments
We have combined two of our most effective tools in treating acne for the benefit of our patients who want to put acne in their past and reveal clear, radiant skin more quickly. Our Acne photofacial treatments comprise of carefully selected Chemical peels and Acne Bluelight treatment performed by our knowledgeable staff.
Packages start from $150 (limited time offer, please call 212-229-0007 for details)
Chemical peels are very effective in the treatment of acne and acne scars. They are natural-occuring acids that exfoliate the top layers of the skin. This exfoliation signals new skin cells inside the skin to produce more rapidly, which can help hasten skin turnover and prevent pores from becoming clogged (see cartoon below). The development of a clogged pore (open or closed comedo) is critical in acne formation, so therapy targeted at reducing clogged pores are important. When chemical peels are combined with other acne treatments, the results are dramatic and can help achieve clear skin quickly. Make an appointment to consult with our board-certified dermatologist today to see if this is the right treatment for you.
How to prepare for your chemical peel treatment
- Prepare your skin by cleansing twice a day, apply sunscreen daily, avoid excessive sun exposure
- Use of products containing retinoids, glycolic acid, and salicylic acid, as well as scrubs, microdermabrasion and waxing should be avoided for 3 days before and for 1 week after a chemical peel.
What happens during treatment?
- Your skin is cleansed and prepared for the chemical peel solution.
- The appropriate chemical peel solution determined based on the severity of your acne is applied to treat the skin.
- You may experience mild tingling or stinging sensation which stops when the solution is neutralized.
- You will be provided written after-care instructions.
What happens after treatment?
- Peeling starts on the face: 1-3 days after the procedure; on the body: 5-7 days after the procedure.
- During the peeling process, the skin may appear dry and flaky.
- Hydrating moisturizers and sunscreen must be used regularly for 7 days after the procedure. Use of these products helps achieve better healing and relieves the peeling process.
- You will be able to return to work or other activities immediately after your chemical peel.
- Peels can be repeated in 2-4 weeks. A series of 3-6 treatments may be required depending on your goals and the severity of your acne.
Some of our acne photofacial chemical peels are: Glycolic Acid (Alpha Hydroxy Acid), Salicylic Acid (Beta Hydroxy Acid), Jessner Peel etc in strengths tailored to the severity of your acne.
Blue Light Therapy
The blue light wavelength treats acne by selectively targeting P.acnes , the bacteria responsible for causing acne.
LED light therapy treatment protocol
Relax while your skin is bathed in soothing light.
Blue light treatments are painless and relaxing and each session lasts about 10-20 minutes. Two treatments per week for 4 weeks are recommended to achieve optimal result. Afterward, a maintenance program is recommended based on your treatment goals.
Why should you choose the Acne Photofacial service at Radiant Skin NYC*
- Affordable and Effective
- Non-invasive and a simple maintenance plan
- Safe for men and women of all skin types
- Visible and Long term results
- Quick procedure
call 212-229-0007 today to schedule a consultation
*Results may vary
Why Choose Us?
- Personalized Care
- Patient Centered Practice
- Medical & Aesthetic Treatments
- Financing Available
- Natural-looking Cosmetic Results
- We accept most insurance plans
- Convenient Hours and Location